Traversing the Iberian Peninsula from the most southern point on the European mainland to Valencia or Saint-Jean-de-Luz near Biarritz at the Biscaya sea.
The Iberica-Traversa is a single-stage, unsupported, 1130km till 1800km bike adventure across the Iberian Peninsula, following mostly unpaved routes and trails.
An event from Transbike-Adventures.
Need a travel insurance?
When I cycled the NorthCape-Tarifa section of Spain in November/December 2018, I came along old unused railway trasses and railway buildings and gravel roads crossing the country. Last night before I arrived in Tarifa, I met 3 spanish guys in Las Vegas (a small village in southern Spain) with their mountain bikes. They told me about the epic GR7 route and confirmed how good biking away of the paved roads is in Spain.
The idea was born: this is a great place for a gravel adventure.
For this years first edition riders from the Czech Republic, France, Italy, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and the USA will show up at the startline.
- standard route: 1130km, 21’400m vertical climbing, finish at Valencia
- extended route: 1800km, 33’260m vertical climbing
- places: Tarifa, Camino del Rey, Granada, Sierra Nevada, Parque Natural Sierra de Castril, Sierras de Cazorla, Cuenca, Bardenas Reales desert, Pamplona, Saint-Jean-de-Luz…
- categories: single and pair riders
- no time limit, go as fast or slow as you like it, enjoy the scenery
- for everybody who will go for an unsupported bikepacking adventure
- first edition: 13th April 2019
- registration: closes February 28th 2019